Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Friday at BJU

Soooo Friday, long day. Lots of thoughts and thinking going on.

I went to breakfast at 7:30am with my mom, my friend, and her mom. After breakfast, Gail and I went to a class with Lauren called Fundamentals of Counseling. It was REALLY really good! I learned a lot of stuff in that class about hands on your face meaning you aren't really interested. I also learned a little about judging others and not becoming a stumbling block for others. Also not judging others convictions. One thing that was really good was the fact that we should be willing to sacrifice our freedoms for the good of others.

After that I went back the the dorms and talked to Heather for a while. We got ready for society and I went to her society she is in. It was fun. We played a few games.

Following that we had a special luncheon for us vistors.

I went to Educational Psychology with Heather and her mom. It was really interesting. I learned a lot about how people think differently and a little about diversity. How we should not be extreme to the point of pointing out others and distancing ourselves, but also not pretending that there is no diversity among us. I also learned a little about teaching others and how you should get to know them and compare things in their everyday life to things Scripture talks about.

My mom, Gail, and I went to the bookstore after class and I got 3 books. I got Authentic Beauty and Set Apart Femininity by Leslie Ludy. I also got Feminine Appeal by Carolyn Mahaney.

Then we went to the Gallery and Museum and checked out more of the paintings. We didn't get through it, but we got through at least 1/2 or so. I could spend all day in there looking at the paintings.

We all went for supper at 5 again, and following that I went back to Heather's room and got some things together for when I would get back. We then went to the soccer game. We watched a little over 1/2 and then my mom called around 8 when the Symphony was over. We went to the FastBreak and got some milkshakes and things. I ran into Crystal and watched the volleyball game with her for a little while. I then went back to the dorms and got ready for bed as well as getting packed for the morning.

As I was thinking and pondering over my day I thought really hard about what I think the Lord wants me to do. I prayed about it telling Him that I want to do His will and not my own. I had been planning on making up my own Home-Making program and learning about home-making my own way, but I realized I wouldn't have enough spiritual and emotional help as I would going to college down there. So I now plan on going down there to get structure and a good foundational spiritual base. It's going to be complicated and hard at times, but the Lord is good and He will provide in all the ways I need.

--Emily

1 comment:

Growing in Grace said...

Hi Emily,

Just wanted to let you know I enjoyed reading about your trip to BJU-sounds like you enjoyed it! Say hi to your Mom for me!

Love and Prayers,
Jo