Monday, December 17, 2007

New Year

Hi everyone,

I just figured I'd give you all a little peek into what I'm planning in my devotional life for the new year.

I'm starting off January 1st with reading the Bible in 90 days. [See link on right -way down there-] That will last until March 30th. I am inviting whoever wants to to join with me. I will be posting what you need to read, or you can print the schedule. So far Molly is joining with me. I will be keeping tabs if you want to join me, meaning e-mails or another form of finding out if you're reading it...Then I will post everyone's name that completed it on March 31st, along with a certificate that you can print out and sign.

That's 1/4 of the year already. I MAY do another devotional book at that time, but I'm not sure. I will of course be reading those 'inspiring' type books. Just not a daily devotional unless I find I can handle it.


I just remembered...ALL of the year I'll be doing a short devotional every day out of a book called "God & I Time Treasures Volume 2". It gives you Scripture to read every day and then a small space to record what you learn.



Then starting March 31st, Molly and I are doing a devotional book together called "Beyond the Sun" and that is going to last 7 weeks. During that time I MAY do a different devotional as well, but like I said, I don't want to overwhelm myself and then quit.



Following that I am going to do a deep devotion time with the book "Seeking Him" by Nancy Leigh DeMoss. It is 12 weeks long. I listened to some of the recordings that go along with it and I think it will be VERY good for me. I MAY try and do it during the 90 days through the Bible, but like I said, I don't want to overwhelm myself...




Following that I am going to do another 12 week study in a book called "Up".


So far that is all I have, along with all of the books I would LIKE to read in my reading list.

Well, that's all for today,

~Em

P.S. --I will also be working on my binder more next year. I'll be posting about my binder tomorrow...

2 comments:

Molly Sipling said...

Sounds like you're going to be doing some really good devotionals, Emily! I found one called "Authentic Beauty" [the link is on my blog] that looks really good. I want to do it next year, so mayybee I will.
Oh, there's a teen edition? I didn't even realize that. But yeah, the book is really good [the regular one]. I haven't finished it yet though... haha.

But I love how your planning everything out for the new year. I need to do some more planning too.

Emily said...

Yes, I can't wait.

Actually, I was looking at the site yesterday...Haha. That is one of the books on my book list that I want to get. And I thought her music was fairly decent.

Yes, there is a teen edtion...but it is very small...Haha.

Thanks for the comment!
~Emily