Thursday, August 21, 2008

Home-making

Home-making...It's exactly what it's called. Making a home. In the culture that we live in, we as women are so often told do to what you want before you get married, because otherwise you won't ever fulfill your dreams. But what if you dream IS to be a stay-at-home mom with the kids, and keeping the house, along with home schooling when your kids get to that age??

The Lord has made us a help-meet to our husbands. Genesis 2:20-24--And Adam gave names to all the cattle, and to the fowl of the air, and to every beast of the field; but for Adam there was not found a help meet for him. And the Lord God caused a deep sleep to fall upon Adam, and he slept: and he took one of his ribs, and closed up the flesh instead thereof; And the rib, which the Lord God had taken from man, made he a woman, and brought her unto the man. And Adam said, This is now bone of my bones, and flesh of my flesh: she shall be called Woman because she was taken out of Man. Therefore shall a man leave his father and his mother, and shall cleave unto his wife: and they shall be one flesh.

We were not made to rule over man, we were made to help our husbands.

As I have dreamt this all my life {though number of kids has started at 100 and is now down a LOT, but I'd still like to have a large family} it is SO hard to tell others that I want to be a home-maker for fear that they will turn it down and try to discourage me. As I think of that, I realize that it is a fear of man, and that I should not care what man thinks, but what God thinks.

Other passages of Scripture to look at on Biblical Womanhood examples would be Proverbs 31 and Titus 2. Also another I have found is 1 Timothy 2:9-15.

Well, those are just some insights on whats been going on in my mind! Please comment and let me know what you think!

No comments: