Thursday, August 7, 2008

-Change-

I don't know about all of you, but I dislike change a lot. Some things are alright, but there has been a lot of change in my life that I also haven't liked.

I'll give two examples...

--Our family reunion [on my mom's side] used to ALWAYS be at Trent Park {most of you probably do not know where that is, but that's not the point}. Last year we changed it and we have it at a different place, it's just not the same...

--My friend Rex was at boot camp for the past 8 weeks. He came home and got to spend one week with all of his family and friends. He was planning/hoping to get based in Maryland or somewhere decently close to home, but guess where he got based...Alaska. Over 4,000 miles away. Talk about not getting what you want. He is excited about it though and all I can do is be a supportive friend. I think it will be a great experience for him, but we really only started getting to know each other better {we have known each other forever from Church} about 16 weeks ago...maybe a little before that. {It was a little over 8 weeks before he was going to boot camp.} That has been a change that is hard, but I think the Lord has a plan.

One change that I REALLY have a hard and difficult time on, is when I think I have possibly figured out the Lord's will for my life. Then realizing that its not going to be that way. I experienced this in the past week and it has been really hard on me, knowing that I'm probably not going to get what I wanted. But isn't that being selfish? I am working on having the right attitude through every situation, but it takes practice and determination to do that.

When the Lord IS changing something in our lives, we need to accept it and take it with a willing heart, even if it's going to be a hard struggle to get through.

{Those were just some thoughts that were running through my mind and I figured I'd post them}
-Emily

1 comment:

Jo said...

Hi Emily,
Change is not easy. Thank you for your honesty in sharing your thoughts. Keep trusting in the Lord to help you through!
How is work on the farm?
Love and prayers,
Jo