Sunday, June 29, 2008

Starting Over

So, I haven't posted since I was supposedly going to get better. Because I never actually started my devotions and never started to grow again.

The past few weeks the Lord has been working in my heart a lot. Different things Pastor Baker would say, or just any random person. It's amazing how God works.

So the other week Dr.Henson was at our Church for the weekend celebrating our Church Freedom Celebration with us. He said a few things that sparked my interest even though I only got to listen to 4 of his 6 messages. He was here the weekend of June 20th-22nd.

Last week the Lord worked in my heart and I read a book called 'Self-Injury'. NOO I have not been hurting myself, but I have a tendency to emotionally hurt myself by building up feelings that aren't there and then being upset when it doesn't come out the way I want it. I've been doing that for a while now, and I really didn't mind hurting. But I'm finally getting sick of it. So I decided that I NEED to go back to the Lord before it's too late.

Friday night I picked out one of my many many devotion books to start with. I chose "Cultivating Contentment". And I believe that it will help me be content with not being like the world. I could be wrong, but I'll still gain something or other from it. Anyway, I did the first chapter Saturday night while I was at my friends house after a long day at Kennywood. After I get off here I'm going to do the next one.

Also, today my mom and I took my brother to camp, and on the way I started reading "Lies Young Women Believe" by Nancy Leigh DeMoss.

Well, I should go now. I appreciate the prayers! And I'll keep you updated. I hope to post every day and possibly start a system. But for now it will just be devotion updates and possibly prayer requests and things of that nature.

No comments: