Monday, November 5, 2007

Update/Modesty

Well everyone, I got up at 5:30 this morning. I was SO tempted to go back to bed, but I had to go to the bathroom really bad so in leaving my nice warm room and going to the not so warm bathroom woke me up some. I read my Proverbs for the day and then ate my breakfast. I got all my school done in pretty good timing including my German homework. I got my things packed to go to Lisa's. Well mostly, I haven't packed my Bible and devotions and things yet. But for the most part I am ready.

The Teen Girls Group [we may look at getting a better name] are going to be going to an elderly woman's house this Saturday. We plan on meeting at one of our leader's house and having lunch. Then I am going to do a devotion. I am still not fully sure what I want to do it on. I have many ideas. I want to include what I'm learning in my 'Mirror' devotions, but I'd also like to mention about how we need to surrender it all to God. Also, I would like to talk about Titus 2, because we are going to Olive's to learn about her life and just hang out and see what wisdom she has to give us. So I'm not fully sure on that yet. So if you would all pray for me in that area I would greatly appreciate it!!

In my 'Mirror' book today it talked about modesty. Hmm, am I dressing as modestly as I should??? No. I am trying to change my style of clothing to be more modest, but it is a very difficult thing. And it ALL comes back to the heart. Different things or standards that I have been provided with from some of my older friends are:

Shirts--
}Is it too low? If you put your pointer finger at your collar bone, and put three or four fingers down, does is your shirt lower than that? If so, it is immodest.
}Is it too tight? Does it cup?
}Is it too short. Does it show your tummy? If so either get a longer shirt or higher pants.

Pants/Skirts--
}Is it too short?? A way of doing this at BJU is to stand on your knees {this is for skirts} and if it does not touch the ground, then it is too short.
}Shorts are a harder thing to do. But a good way to do them is to stand up straight, and they should not be higher than where your middle finger comes to on your leg.
}Are they too tight??? Can you "grab a bunch" in the back? Do they show and underwear line?

Those are a few of the tips I have gotten. I have more though.

Well, I am going to go for now. If I find anything new out, I will post it. I will also be posting while I'm at Lisa's.

Continue to pray for me in the area of no TV or movies! I've been doing farely well.

~~Em

1 comment:

CT said...

Hi Emily.
Great post, I just wanted to let you know about some other modest clothing options out there...

My family and i started a modest clothing company earlier this year- check it out and let me know what you think!

http://www.christa-taylor.com/


Blessings,
Christa Taylor