Thursday, November 1, 2007

Successful so far...

Hi everyone!!
Just wanted to give a mid-day update! I got up at 5am! I got most of my school done, all of what I could, I'm having some issues with the school site. I just finished up 'The Girl in the Mirror' for today.


Wow was it amazing. It started out with chapter 31 which is one of my favorites. The one thing that caught me was when she said about verse 30. "Favor is deceitful, and beauty is vain: but a woman that feareth the Lord, she shall be praised." She said and I quote, this is from page 3. "This Provebers 31 lady may or may not have been beautiful. But one thing is for certain--she had a healthy fear of the Lord. The truth of the matter is that she could not accomplish what she does apart from Him. You see, it's not about the good family upbringing, incredible physical training, an out-of-this-world IQ, or any of those kinds of things. No, the truth is, in order to accomplish what we should, each of us must fear the Lord."
Chapter one was definitely good and I feel that this book is going to help me grow spiritually. I am so thankful for what I have learned in chapter one and I assume I'll be learning MUCH more throughout the book.

Well, that is all for now. I will post later after I do my Thankfulness papers and listen to a Revive Our Hearts message.

Bye!
~~~Emily

1 comment:

Alyssa said...

sounds like a really neat book! I'll be praying for your TV commitment, I know you can do it! Just keep busy with other things like you have been doing.