Monday, November 12, 2007

My Weekend

Well, I guess I should fill everyone in on my weekend!! I went to a friend of mine's after co-op on Friday. I spent the night and we just kinda chatted and hung out the whole time. Then on Saturday was the teen girls event that some of you knew about.

We had 3 girls show up and then me and Rebekah, so 5 people total. We made lunch together and ate, then we did a devotion time and I taught about Titus 2. Then we had a little bit of dessert and went to Olive Gary's house. Olive Gary is an older woman[92] that goes to our Church. She is a widow and lives alone. We talked a little bit about her childhood and her kids and different things of that sort. And then I got Rebekah to ask her to share something that she wanted us to know that the Lord has taught her. Her response, "God is always with me. I live here alone and read my Bible and I know that God is always with me." Wow! I know we all think, "Yea, yea, God is with me. So what?" He is with us and He cares for us. He stands by us at all times through easy periods and hard periods of our lives. It was just kind of eye-opening and just how she said it, I almost started to cry. She was so sweet and she loved us being there! She doesn't get company often. So we are going to try and do it again sometime because she would like us to go back.

We then went and dropped the girls off at their homes and went back to Rebekah's. We had supper and just talked for a while. I was so brain-dead. I was playing a game with her son and I asked a question and he was like, "Man, you ARE brain-dead!" It was pretty funny.

Yesterday was then obviously Church. Rebekah did my hair really cute and I looked chinese. She did my hair in chopsticks and I had a cute top on. After Church we went to my cousin Penny's house and had lunch and just spent the day there. Then went back to Church for choir practice for me! We are getting our songs ready for Christmas. Wow! It is about a month and a half away!!!

Church was very good. Mike talked about how someone can't be saved without hearing the Gospel, sure you can say, "This just didn't evolve, there must be a greater thing out there" and be saved. You need to HEAR how to become saved. Even if you would fear God you are not saved until you ask to have your sins forgiven and take His gift of salvation. It was really good how he laid everything out. I got to bed by about 10:30 because I had to do my devotions and needed to do a few things online.

~~Em

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

That is so cool that we both love older people!! Haha. I don't know why, I'm just drawn to them.
Anyway, thanks for your comments! And what you were saying about being saved... remember Matthew 7:21-23, "Not everyone who says to me, 'Lord, Lord,' will enter the kingdom of heaven, but only he who does the will of my Father who is in heaven. Many will say to me on that day, 'Lord, Lord, did we not prophesy in your name, and in your name drive out demons and perform many miracles?' Then I will tell them plainly, 'I never knew you. Away from me, you evildoers!'" That definitely puts a new perspective in my mind!
And about God's grace -- I agree, God will forgive us each and every time we ask, but we will always pay consequences for the sin that we do, because God gives us a free will (BUT we have to pay the consequences for the sin that we do). But God only forgives if we are sincere about it. If at the end of the day we just mumble, "God forgive me of all my sins." but don't mean it, then God knows that and probably won't forgive us. Do you know what I'm saying?

Emily said...

Yes. I know!! And that's a good verse for that! And yea, I know what you are saying!