Monday, December 8, 2008

No Make-up - Day 1

I wore no make-up today. None at all. It's not at all hard when I don't have to go anywhere, but of ALL weeks to pick this challenge THIS has to be the week. I don't have a day off this week except Saturday...

So I'll be at work every day until Friday with no make-up, with the public and my co-workers. Tonight was the Cookie Exchange at our Church which was fine cause I knew everybody pretty much. Lisa commented my look. {Thanks for the encouragement Lisa!!!} Tomorrow I work 8-3. 7 hours. Saturday is a lunch thing with my mom's side of the family in New Stanton...So family that never sees me without make-up and strangers. Also, lucky me, my mom decided to do Christmas pictures this week!!! Yay.

Well, I've been doing okay though. When I'm not looking in a mirror it doesn't matter. Lisa and I were talking tonight, and it's not so much for others as it is for ourselves. I think that make-up is a pretty selfish thing. I have learned that on day 1 without it. It is simply so the world sees us the way we WANT them to see us. Fully put together.

I am actually thinking about after the challenge finishing up my powder until it runs out, but then not buying anymore. And only using it when I 'need' it such as for the Christmas play and stuff like that. We'll see at the end of the week.

Well, thanks for reading!

-Emily

3 comments:

On a Joyful Journey! said...

Em- You're welcome :)! It was a fun time at the Christmas Cookie Exchange last night... Glad Steph & I could go for the fellowship and fun - and your mom & Remona did a great job with the food and "program". ttyl, Lisa :)

Alyssa said...

wow thats great! I wish more girls didnt wear soooo much make up. I only wear it to church, and only enough to cover the zits, if they're bad. :)

Jo said...

Hi Emily,
Just wanted to let you know that I stopped by your blog to see how you are doing. I enjoyed reading your list of things you were thankful for, and will pray for you as you embark on your "no make-up" endeavor.
Jo